Some people do their best writing when in a sad or depressed mood. I’m not one of those people. I do my best thinking and praying when in those moods other than happy. I won’t say that I've been depressed but a state of frustration, definitely!
My faith in Jesus Christ is what gets me through those moments of sadness and times of frustration. While leaning on Christ, I have dug quite deep into my music bucket.
I have come up with a list of songs that has helped me get “through”. I wanted to share a list of my favorites for this season of frustration.
- I’m Just A Nobody – The Williams Brothers
- I Can Go To God in Prayer – Albertina Walker
- Precious Memories – Aretha Franklin & James Cleveland
- Lord Don’t Move My Mountain – Inez Andrews
- That Will Be Good Enough For Me – Rance Allen
- True To Myself – Eric Benet
- It Took A Long Time – Labelle
- I Need Your Glory – Earnest Pugh
- All Night, All Day – Clay Evans
As you may or may not notice. These ten are a collection of old school Gospel, new school Gospel and R&B music. It’s something about Gospel music that always does a little better in helping me along my journey.